It can be frustrating when your phone disappears – especially if you rely on it to keep track of important data. Unfortunately, phone loss is a common problem. In this post, we’re going to talk about how to find your phone if it’s not showing up on your find my phone app.
Table of Contents
Why is my phone not showing up on finding my phone?
If you’ve misplaced your phone, there are a few things you can do to try and locate it. The first thing you can do is check the settings on your phone in order to see if there’s a password set or if it’s locked. If your phone is locked, you’ll need to contact your carrier in order to reset the password.
If your phone doesn’t have a password or if it’s not locked, you can try using the “find my phone” app on Google Play or Apple App Store to track down your device. If you’re using an iPhone, make sure that “Find My Friends” is enabled so that other people who have access to your account can help find your phone if needed.
If all of these methods fail and you really need to get in touch with someone about finding your device, consider purchasing a tracking device such as Find My Phone Plus or LoJack for iPhones. These devices will help law enforcement locate stolen phones much faster than trying different methods yourself.
Why isn’t my phone showing on Find My?
If your phone is lost or stolen, please follow the instructions in our help center to sign in and retrieve your device. If you have not done so already, please make sure that your phone has a battery backup and is turned on and connected to the internet.
If you still cannot locate your phone after following these steps, there are a few things to check:
- Make sure that your phone is turned on. If it was lost or stolen while the battery was off, it may not turn on even if it has power. Try turning it off and then back on to see if that helps.
- Check whether your phone is registered with Find My iPhone or Find My Apple Watch (if you have one). If it isn’t registered, someone else may be able to find it using those services. To register your device with Find My iPhone or Find My Apple Watch, go to Settings > iCloud > Devices and tap ‘Register’ next to the device name. You can also try calling or texting yourself from a different number if you think someone might be tracking your location using cellular data.
How do I show my phone on Find My iPhone?
If your iPhone doesn’t show up on Find My iPhone, there are a few things you can do to try and find it. First, make sure that your iPhone is turned on and connected to the internet. If you’ve entered your iCloud password, sign in to your account and click the “Find My iPhone” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
If you haven’t entered your iCloud password, sign in using your Apple ID. next, if you’ve saved your device’s location settings then go to Settings > General > Location Services and turn on “Find My iPhone.” If not, enter your current location into the “Send Me iMessages When Found” field and click Save. Finally, if you’ve enabled Push Notifications for Messages (see our guide here) then we’ll send you a notification when we find your phone.
Why is the location not updating on Find My iPhone?
If you have your iPhone locked and you have tried all of the usual methods to unlock it, such as entering your Apple ID and password or restoring it from a backup, then there is a good chance that your iPhone is not receiving location updates.
This means that if you lose your iPhone unless you back it up to iCloud or another service, you will not be able to find it using the Find My iPhone feature. Location services are required in order for the Find My iPhone feature to work. To check whether or not your iPhone is receiving location updates:
- Open Settings on your device
- Select General
- Under “Location Services,” make sure “Automatic Location Updates” is set to “On.” If it’s not, turn it on by clicking on the switch next to it.
- If Automatic Location Updates isn’t working for some reason and you still can’t find your phone, try turning off “Find My Friends” and “Find My Phone.”